Novak Djokovic downs Stefanos Tsitsipas to clinch his third Madrid Open title

ATP Madrid Rafael Nadal improves his game to dismiss Frances Tiafoe

Nadal and Djokovic have five more Masters 1000 titles than Roger Federer at 33, third in the all-time list.

We picked up a victor on Friday with Roger Federer covering the +3.5 game game handicap against Dominic Thiem with relative ease.

Tsitsipas, who beat Roger Federer at the Australian Open, has had a superb season and in addition to his win over Nadal, had won the previous match against Djokovic at the Rogers Cup in Toronto last August.

"Not winning here means that I'm not going back to my hotel happy", said Nadal, who also made semi-finals in Monte Carlo and Barcelona.

"I'm very pleased. I was saying yesterday after the semi-final win it was a very, very important win for me, for my confidence".

"Dominic is one of the best tennis players in the world at this moment, especially on this surface, so this was a very big win for me", Djokovic said. I started off well. And what I have to do is to be fit and to play properly and a high tennis level.

Nadal then held serve to open the third set, and held two break points to go up 2-0 in the third, but Tsitsipas was able to save them and level the set at 1-1.

The Greek eighth seed rarely threatened to re-produce the stunning display he had conjured up on Saturday when he knocked out home favourite Nadal, and 15-time Grand Slam victor Djokovic was in command throughout as he continued his impressive French Open preparations. "Hopefully, I will accept this defeat properly and we will see what happens week after week, day after day".

"I've won a lot over the years on this surface", he said". "I'm really looking forward to continuing this streak in Rome".

Additionally, Tsitsipas is set to move up to a new-career high when the next rankings are released on Monday. "He played unbelievable. I couldn't do much", added Tsitsipas. "My feeling is that it was more about me." .

"Physically I was not there, my legs were not coping with my mind". I could feel the fatigue and soreness not just in my legs, but everywhere in my body.

-First-round action got underway in Rome at the Internazionali BNL d'Italia with two Italian wild cards advancing.

Fabio Fognini beat John Millman 6-2, 6-2, while Gael Monfils edged Marton Fucsovics, 1-6, 6-4, 6-2. He defeated Rafa 6-4, 2-6, 6-3 at the semifinals of the Mutua Madrid Open 2019.

Stan Wawrinka defeated Guido Pella, 6-3, 6-4, and will face Kei Nishikori, who got past Bolivian qualifier Hugo Dellien, 7-5, 7-5.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Key Brexit legislation to return to Commons in early June
May 16, 2019 - 05:59
It is also the Peterborough byelection , which Labour, the Tories and the Brexit party are tightly contesting, on 6 June. Downing Street said May intends to ask lawmakers to vote on a withdrawal agreement bill starting the week of June 3.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Huawei is not controlled by China, executive says
May 16, 2019 - 05:04
The executive charged is Huawei's chief financial officer, Meng Wanzhou , who is also the daughter of the company's founder. Huawei's founder and president, Ren Zhengfei, denied the allegations in an interview with "CBS This Morning" in February.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Duke Basketball: Coach K hopes Carolina Hurricanes ‘defy all odds’
May 15, 2019 - 04:31
Boston's top-line is rarely overmatched at 5v5 but they could have a hard time containing Carolina's top-line. The B's scored the game's first six goals and cruised to possibly their easiest win of this post season.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Chicago Bulls: 4 ways Zion Williamson Draft immediately shifts rebuild
May 15, 2019 - 04:13
The Kings owe their pick to the Celtics unprotected, but the 76ers will get the selection if this becomes the No. 1 pick. Two years ago, the National Basketball Association approved changes to the draft which will be implemented this year.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Tim Conway dies at 85
May 15, 2019 - 03:31
His representative confirmed his death to People , saying Conway died from complications with Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus. He was discovered by Rose Marie of "The Dick Van Dyke Show ", who got him an audition for " The Steve Allen Show ".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top He's here! Kim Kardashian West, Kanye West welcome baby boy
May 15, 2019 - 02:32
And apparently, he looks like Chicago! I guess we will just have to be patient and wait for Kim to reveal her son's name. She told fans on Instagram Stories, "My first drop I did suitable for all skin types so everyone can be included".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Gunmen kill six in second church attack in Burkina Faso
May 14, 2019 - 03:56
The attacks took place in Dablo located in the Sanmatenga Province in the country's center. At least six people were killed, and a priest was among those who died.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Dhoni eyes Chennai clean-out after losing IPL final
May 14, 2019 - 03:54
Nine of the last over was probably a position we thought we will never get to after the start we had in the first five overs. He said if it was amusing how both the teams kept on passing the trophy from one team to the other in the summit clash.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top OnePlus 7 Pro live images leak ahead of launch
May 14, 2019 - 03:11
Now with OnePlus 7 Pro , users will be able to find the phone in ALL stores across the United States - nationwide, as they say. In India, the launch event will be held at Bengaluru International Exhibition Centre and it will start at 8:15 pm local time.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Kawhi Leonard has reached Michael Jordan levels of National Basketball Association playoff domination
May 14, 2019 - 03:01
Toronto missed a chance to close out the 76ers in Game 6 as they were outplayed badly in the contest. The Raptors took Game 1 but dropped the next two in an ugly fashion.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Remembering Doris Day! See the Actress Through the Years
May 14, 2019 - 02:57
On the strength of her voice, Day, who had no acting experience, was offered a starring role in 1948's Romance on the High Seas . In the 1960s, Day discovered that failed investments by her third husband, Martin Melcher , left her deeply in debt.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top 'Fortnite' Season 9 launches with Neo Tilted Towers, Battle Bundle, Slipstream flight
May 14, 2019 - 00:57
In addition, new Slipstreams have popped up, allowing players to use the power of wind to traverse the map. Mega Mall is Retail Row's replacement and as the name suggests is just a very large mall complex.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Google merges Nest and Home brands
May 12, 2019 - 03:48
New for the Nest Hub Max is a wide-angle camera, which enables video calling and messaging including an automatic framing system. The combination will make sure that products work seamlessly with Works with Google and Works with Nest products.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Ferrari need to recover their testing pace, says Vettel
May 12, 2019 - 03:44
I think normally in the race we are little bit more competitive so I hope that's the same case tomorrow". Everything is great within the team. "Don't expect to see what you have seen in the past".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Binance Hackers Moved Stolen BTC to 7 Wallet Addresses
May 12, 2019 - 03:43
The rest of the wallets were declared to be secure and unharmed. $60 million is certainly a "large scale security breach". This fund will be stored in a separate cold wallet.