Grammys 2019: Joy Villa's pro-Trump wall outfit

Joy Villa and Ricky Rebel at the 2019 Grammys

While the controversial outfit may have seemed very unusual amongst other stars' red carpet attire, Joy wasn't the only one to make a very obvious nod of support to President Trump, 72.

"I'm wearing this silver suit and stretchy trousers, and after the photo, he smacks my a** really hard", Villa told Politico.

She accessorized her gown with a spiked tiara, barbed wire shoulder pieces and a red clutch emblazoned with "Make America Great Again", Trump's campaign slogan.

This isn't the first time the singer has made a political statement on the red carpet, having previously worn similar dresses to the Grammy Awards.

In 2015, she again created a stir when she sported a sheer dress of orange netting. Rebel, a bixsexual, has been an avid supporter of President Trump.

"I grew up in theater, so I've always used costume as a way to express myself", Villa said.

However, this year she made it obvious that the critics do not affect her, showing up to the Grammys red carpet in a dress that resembled a border wall. "I do not apologize for voting for who I wanted to vote for".

While Villa walked most of the red carpet wearing the border wall-inspired dress, she didn't arrive that way.

At the 2019 Grammys, Villa wore a dress with the U.S./Mexico border wall as its theme.

Villa has shared her conservative views at the Grammys before.

Villa went on to explain that she has no problem handling the backlash she might receive for her Trump support.

But Villa didn't keep her message only on her dress. There's tons Trump supporters out there all of different colors.

"Well, I'm Ricky Rebel, I have a new album called "The New Alpha" so I wanted to wear something that represented what an alpha is and who an alpha is and I am the new alpha", Rebel told the news outlet.

"I approach it as a show", she added. I want to "wow" people.

She elaborated on her viewpoint, saying that about a third of women "who are trying to come to this country illegally are sexually assaulted".

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Sunday snow leads to more tricky travel Monday, Tuesday
Feb 12, 2019 - 03:25
For the winter so far, 64.2 inches have fallen, about 7 inches more than normal, according to Weather Service records. IMPACTS: Travel will again be hard and even hazardous starting overnight tonight and likely through Tuesday .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top US Military Finally Sets Target Date For "Full Withdrawal" From Syria
Feb 12, 2019 - 03:08
IS does still hold another scrap of territory in Syria - and it continues to carry out dozens of attacks - many targeting the SDF. On Monday, the observatory said 13 ISIS militants, including five suicide attackers as well as six SDF fighters were killed.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Alicia Keys says Grammys 2019 will be "sickest" yet
Feb 11, 2019 - 10:41
The music industry's biggest night is on Sunday, when the Grammys honors music's brightest stars at the Staples Center. Alicia Keys' Sons Couldn't Care Less That She's Hosting the GRAMMYs: Watch Their Hilarious Reaction! .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top PSG Boss Delivers Update On Edison Cavani Ahead Of Manchester United Clash
Feb 11, 2019 - 09:56
Tuchel said (as reported by Sky Sports ): " Marco Verratti and Layvin Kurzawa both trained without problems". It is necessary to have these backup ideas in mind and I can think of several in advance.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Snow to arrive late Sunday in DC, could impact Monday morning commute
Feb 11, 2019 - 09:40
In Seattle, officials urged people to stay off the roads as traffic slowed to a standstill in some places because of the snow. The daytime high should reach 32 degrees before temperatures drop 4 degrees at night, the weather service said.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Transfer Rumour: PSG plotting summer swoop for Chelsea midfielder N'Golo Kante
Feb 11, 2019 - 08:24
Besides, it is now also clear that the Spanish side Real Madrid is now trying to get him on their side. Given Chelsea's crucial game against City, a lot will be expected from Higuain and Hazard.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Trump, Xi unlikely to meet before March 1 trade deadline
Feb 11, 2019 - 07:15
This unfavourable development has certainly raised concerns over trade talks dragging on beyond the 90-day tariff truce. USA and Hong Kong media have reported that Trump and Xi may meet in late February - possibly around the time of a U.S.

Michelle Obama steals the spotlight at 2019 Grammys
Feb 11, 2019 - 06:29
Pinkett-Smith added, "We express our pain, power, and progress through music, whether we're creating it or just appreciating it". The last woman to host the show was Queen Latifah in 2005. "Give it up for these magnificent goddesses!" said Keys.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Lady Gaga wins three Grammys, Michelle Obama makes appearance
Feb 11, 2019 - 06:28
Music took my ears, took my hands, my voice and my soul and it led me to all of you and to my little monsters who I love so much. Carlile is the most nominated woman with six nominations, including bids for song and record of the year with "The Joke".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Ariana Grande thank u, next
Feb 10, 2019 - 11:59
Joan tweeted: "I agree with you Ariana, I'm so proud of you..." But it's not my business, I'm not her mother. Ariana even noted during her Twitter explanation that she had "passed a Grammy's bus with my face on it".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Italian Government Divided Over Huawei, Amid US Pressure
Feb 10, 2019 - 10:15
In one of the strongest public remarks, a senior representative of Chinese technology giant Huawei on Thursday night rebutted fear-mongering against the company.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top National Basketball Association trade deadline: Mavericks deal Harrison Barnes to Kings
Feb 10, 2019 - 08:45
Clippers (part of 2008-09), Memphis Grizzlies (2009-10 - 2016-17) and Sacramento Kings (2017-18 - 2018-19). Barnes could accept that player option and return to the Kings next season for $25 million.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Whittaker out of title defence at UFC 234
Feb 10, 2019 - 05:41
Adesanya, who fights out of New Zealand, is one of the UFC's most promising prospects, taking on an all-time great in Silva. UFC officials have said the fight will remain over three rounds, and not go to five - as is the case for headline events.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Heat deal two for Suns' Ryan Anderson
Feb 09, 2019 - 11:14
The 6-foot-4, 190-pound Johnson is in his fifth National Basketball Association season after going undrafted out of Fresno State. As for Ellington , the 3-point specialist had fallen out of the team's rotation, ultimately sacrificed for luxury-tax relief.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Matthew Whitaker Faced Grilling on Capitol Hill
Feb 09, 2019 - 08:56
Democrats were often frustrated with his refusal to answer his questions, particularly after he discussed in an exchange with Rep. House Democrats also berated Whitaker on the administration's immigration policy and about family separations at the border.